My first six months on Patreon have gone really well, and I’d like to thank everyone who has supported me there to write fiction! The second of the Duo Ex Machina novellas, Sacrifice, will wind up its chapter-by-chapter posting soon, and will then be prepped to go to all my supporters there as an ebook!
I’ve also reached my first income goal, which means a new short story collection will be produced in the next few months. All my supporters will get a copy of Scar Tissue and Other Stories as a reward before the book goes on sale elsewhere.
My Patreon supporters help me write fiction directly by paying a small amount each month. The income helps me to pay for things like covers, editing and proofreading. In time, I hope I’ll have enough income from all the mini-Medicis who support me to work a little less on the corporate writing side so I can write a little more on the fiction side!
What do you get for supporting me on Patreon?
Depending on your reward level, you get access to:
- sneak peeks at Works in Progress
- song lyrics
- posts about music that has influenced me
- writing advice/tutorials
- chapters in my Duo Ex Machina series of M/M crime/romance novellas as they’re posted.
Duo Ex Machina
Everyone who supports me gets a copy of my first Duo Ex Machina novella, Fly By Night and, when it’s finished the fortnightly posting, the second, Sacrifice, will also be available to all my Patreon supporters.
I have three more novellas in the series planned, and those will also be posted chapter-by-chapter as well as being provided as ebooks as they’re completed.
Scar Tissue and Other Stories
I’m currently completing some stories for a short story collection, Scar Tissue and Other Stories, which contains previously published fiction as well as new stuff.
These stories includes flash fiction, Holmes♥Watson stories, stories set in the universes of my novels, including The Adventure of the Colonial Boy (canon-era Holmes♥Watson), The Opposite of Life (vampires in Melbourne), Ravenfall (M/M paranormal thriller) and the yet-to-be-published Kitty and Cadaver (urban fantasy with music).
Levels of support
- For the $1 level, you’ll get free books, posts about my research and lyrics, and early cover reveals.
- For $3, you’ll also get sneak peaks, fortnightly chapters of new books, art and music posts.
- At $5 you also get bi-monthly writing tutorials.
- $10 sees you get naming rights in stories and ebooks
- At $15 I’ll also send you greeting cards three times a year!
- Top level supporters can get autographed paperbacks and I’ll write you a personalised short story!
If you’d like to support me, at whatever level, you’ll be helping me write more fiction, so that’s win/win, right?