Quintette asks writers five quick questions. This week’s interview is with:
1. What’s the name of your latest book – and how hard was it to pick a title?
My first book is called The Band That Changed Her Life. It was originally titled 15 Grooms but I felt that was too obvious and didn’t really express the story well enough, since music plays a part in the story.
This time around it wasn’t all that difficult, but then I tend to have the title in my head before the story.
2. If you could choose anyone from any time period, who would you cast as the leads in your latest book?
Well, there is no main lead but I would love it if the band Super Junior could play the characters they inspired. A young Elizabeth Taylor or Viviene Leigh would be awesome too, but honestly, if this ever goes to the screen I want to have a multi-ethnic, and racial cast with new and undiscovered talent.
3. What five words best describe your story?
International poetic romantic musical adventure.
4. Who is your favourite fictional couple or team?
Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson
5. What song always makes you cry?
Our ‘Love is Like a Storybook’ story from The Princess Bride
though ‘Sorry Sorry’ by Super Junior was the catalyst that brought this book into existence and ‘Bloodstream’ by Stateless was played on repeat during the writing of it.
About The Band That Changed Her Life
They had risked it all for fame, but what about love?
The largest boyband in Asia collides with 15 American fangirls that change their lives forever.
Love takes courage and gives it right back. Will you take the risk?
About Angela Kamerer-White
My name is Angela Kamerer-White I was born and raised in Southeast Louisiana.
When I was 13 I went to boarding school and made my first Korean friend. In college, where I majored in English, I made friends who were all fans of Kpop. I was introduced to the band Super Junior and the rest, as they say, is history.
I live in Gonzales, LA and work for Walmart. The Band That Changed Her Life is my first book.
Follow Angela Kamerer-White:
Buy The Band That Changed Her Life
- The Band That Changed Her Life: Adventures in Kpop (Amazon US Kindle)
- The Band That Changed Her Life: Adventures in Kpop (Amazon US Paperback)
- The Band that Changed Her Life (Amazon UK)